Enviro – Syn HCR 2000N
HCR-2000 is part of the ‘Environmentally Responsible’ HCl acid replacement product line that has comparable performance to Hydrochloric acid, without the extremely hazardous Health-Safety-Environmental exposure and corrosive properties. HCR-2000 can be used in any situation where HCL normally is used but without risk and pre cautions, both personal and equipment wise.
HCR-2000 Modified Acid (North sea approved / WGK-1) is a yellow classified, safer alternative to 15% Hydrochloric acid for the North Sea. HCR-2000N can be used in the following applications at temperatures up to 900 C.
- Spearhead acid
- Fracturing / Matrix
- Injection wells
- Scale treatment
HCR-2000 is very compatible with formation oils and fluids. Requiring less additives than typical 15% HCl blends. HCR-2000 is supplied as a concentrate and is typically diluted to a 20% to 90% Concentration at the well site (platform) with sea, produced or fresh water.
Features and benefits
- Non-corrosive to skin tissue (OECD 404).
- Low fuming.
- Low metal corrosion.
- Comprehensive spending nature.
- Readily biodegradable in seawater (OECD 306).
- CaCO3 solubilizing of 225 kg/m3.
- Appearance: Clear amber liquid.
- Specific Gravity: 1.15
- Freezing Point: -300 C (-220 F)
- Flash Point: 120 C (540 F).
- pH: <1
- Solubility in water: 100%